Dan Schell Named ODP Boys Director for Nevada
Exciting news for Revolution-Gunners families: Dan Schell has been named Olympic Development Program (ODP) Director for the state of Nevada, effective immediately.
This does not change Dan's role within our organization--but it does potentially enhance opportunities Dan can provide to current and incoming families.
What is ODP?
Created in 1977, the ODP is in place to identify players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis, leading to increased success for the U.S. National Teams in the international arena.
This places Dan at the forefront of talent evaluation and placement for the state.
Benefits for participating in ODP include:
- College coaching exposure/starting the ID process
- Higher level competition / gain experience from playing elite levels of kids from other states
- Create and build relationships with kids from other clubs locally
- Gain the opportunity to get exposure with the Regional team and US Youth National team
- Create relationships with college coaches
- Gain experience with different levels of coaching
- Gain knowledge in the college recruiting process
- Be recognized by the state at the highest level
Dan says, “I am a product of the Olympic Development Program environment. ODP gave me an opportunity to pursue and receive a free education while playing soccer. It was one of the best soccer experiences of my life. I created lifelong friends, and I challenged myself with being surrounded by the best players in the WEST as well as the country.”